Let’s face it…nobody ENJOYS going to the dentist, but it’s necessary for not only your oral health, but your overall health as well.
If you are a scaredy-cat to sit in the dentist’s chair, here are some survival tips:
- Take someone you trust, preferably, a relative or friend that is NOT afraid of the dentist.
- While in the dentist’s chair, distract yourself by listening to your own music on headphones.
- Try relaxation techniques like controlled breathing that will slow your heartbeat and relax your muscles.
- Let the dentist know when you make the appointment that you have a fear, they may be able to suggest ways to be sedated.
- If your fears are just too great to even attempt a dental visit, you might want to try seeing a psychologist first.
We'd love to hear from you!